Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Mini Dolls?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member MareGathersWords's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 13th, 2004
    Posts
    103
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was wondering if anyone has the American Girl mini dolls? Are they good quality, worth the 20 bucks? And does anyone have pictures of them? Alot of questions, but I'm considering getting them after the first of the year, the size is so cute, six inches, right? And then I'll sort of have all the girls, lol.

  2. #2
    courtneysunshine
    Guest courtneysunshine's Avatar

    Post

    Mare, we have them and I think they are very cute. I know Melissa had a few of the dolls that had the inset eyes and I believe she thought they were prettier. We have the set that has the painted on eyes. We paid half price for half of ours when they were still at a local Hallmark store and I definitely think they are worth that price. I'd have to think about whether they were worth $20 or not. You can find doll houses and furniture that are the correct scale as the minis so if cost were a factor, they would be a good investment since you can somewhat inexpensively purchase furniture, etc for them. We haven't taken them out of their boxes yet since we have been entertained by all our other AG stuff so we haven't messed with their hair or their clothes yet, but the clothes do come of so you could easily make additional outfits for them

    Hope this helps [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Kim

  3. #3
    Inactive Member dianasmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2004
    Posts
    1,086
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    For some reason, they've never done too much for me, I think the painted on eyes look strange. Diana's auntie bought the mini-Molly and Diana doesn't seem very interested in her.

    I just prefer to apply my $20 to the cost of the 18" dolls.

    Laurie

  4. #4
    Inactive Member heartscb's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 6th, 2004
    Posts
    29
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think they are cute- But the one's we got had quality issue's. Our Nellie's hair was all different lengths (when she was facing you, it was way shorter on one side than the other-It looked chopped up)and Kits sweater had glue spots that looked orange....
    I returned them & did put the 40 dollar amount towards a big doll.
    If they were less $ they would be worth it. But to have the whole mini collection- you could buy 2 big dolls!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Sakurako's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 29th, 2004
    Posts
    648
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I much prefer the minis with the inset eyes. The new ones with the painted eyes look spooky and remind me of Barbie or Scooter or whoever. I've bought and given away Kaya and Nellie.

    A note about doll house furniture scale. Standard is 1 inch to 1 foot. So these "girls" are 6 feet tall and standard doll house furniture does not fit them. Sometimes you can get inexpensive furniture that's kind of funky sized and THAT fits.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member QNPoohBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    1,460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have Addy and Josefina are they are beautiful! I need to find a place to display them. Addy's shoe laces came untied and they're so tiny, I can't get them retied! Any suggestions?

  7. #7
    Inactive Member PrincessRuthie's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,054
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have four of the newer ones: Josefina, Felicity, Kaya, and Samantha. I love them, as they make great dolls for the dolls. Josefina's shoes are so hard to stay tied and tie back, though!

    Laura

  8. #8
    courtneysunshine
    Guest courtneysunshine's Avatar

    Post

    Thanks for letting us know Cherry. The reason I mentioned it is that we have a store in town that specializes in doll houses and furniture and accessories for them. We took our minis with us when we visited and we found quite a lot that was to scale for them. Not everything was, though, so you would have to bring the minis with you to check the scale.

    Kim [img]smile.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •